The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India (GoI) has launched an ‘Online Certificate Course on RTI‘ for various stakeholders on, both, the demand and supply sides of the RTI implementation regime.
This Online Certificate Course on RTI is launched in association with the Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad.
- Reaching out to those who have not had an opportunity to participate in any training / sensitisation initiatives on RTI Act, 2005
- Bringing greater clarity on RTI among designated implementing officials (i.e. APIOs / PIOs / FAOs)
- Ensuring appreciation for RTI Act, 2005 and its mandate among the officials designated under it and also among the citizens
- Facilitating timely delivery of information by PIOs
- Having better informed citizens, civil society and other stakeholders
- A sound knowledge of the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 among the people taking this course
- Good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of organisations / persons concerned with implementing the law and with enforcing the rights under this law
- Proper appreciation of rights / obligations – as applicable – for effective use of this right
- Reliable guidance on following the right process / procedure to implement the provisions of this Act and to benefit from this Act
- Good understanding of remedies available when an implementing organisation fails to comply with this Act
- Testing the understanding of ‘Information Providers’ and ‘Information Seekers’ using this tool for implementing this Act or exercising their right under it
- A certificate for learners of this course on its successful completion – as an incentive
To register the course, follow the link below-