To ensure PAFTAD continues to make a valuable contribution to development in the Asia Pacific region the PAFTAD International Steering Committee is looking for 5 aspiring researchers (generally current post-graduate students or university/research institute staff members apply, however this is not a requirement for selection) to present papers on themes related to Asia Pacific trade and economic development (see Honour Board below for previously successful submission topics).
The PAFTAD Fellowship for Young Scholars program is specifically aimed at attracting and assisting emerging economists and political scientists in the Asia Pacific region to become involved with, and contribute to, the work of PAFTAD. It is widely considered one of the most distinguished Fellowships available to young researchers in this field.
In 2013, the Young Fellows program will take place in the run-up to the 36th PAFTAD Conference focusing on financial development and cooperation in Asia and the Pacific, in Hong Kong from 18-21 November, 2013.
- Unpublished empirical paper on the themes related to Asia Pacific trade and economic development (see Honour Board below for previously selected topics).
- 7,000 – 10,000 words (including 300 word abstract).
- Individual author.
- Current résumé (including citizenship(s), date of birth and gender).
- Aged 35 years or younger at 18 November, 2013 (proof of age will be required if selected).
- Be available to participate for the duration of the Conference (18-21 November).
- Applicant has not previously been selected as a PAFTAD Young Fellow.
Résumé and paper must be submitted via email to Luke Hurst ( email@example.com) before 5pm (AEST) on 31 May, 2013.
- Return economy airfare and transfers to Hong Kong from home institution.
- Registration for the Young Fellows seminar and PAFTAD conference.
- Accommodation for the duration of the PAFTAD conference (18-21 November).
INVOLVEMENT IN PAFTAD CONFERENCE
- Present your paper at the Young Fellows seminar (18 November).
- Act as a discussant on another Fellow’s paper (18 November).
- Attend and provide comment where possible on the papers presented during the PAFTAD conference (18-21 November).
Information Courtesy : http://thesocialscienceinformer.blogspot.in/2013/03/open-for-submissions-2013-paftad.html