The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Winter Internship Programme (WIP) 2013” will commence from 30th December 2013 to 28th January 2014 (30 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country. Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:
Students of the 4th and 5th year pursuing 5 Years Integrated Law Course –(while
2. Students of the 3rd year pursuing 3 years LL.B. Course – (while applying).
3. Students pursuing LL.M. Course
4. Students pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights, MA in Human Rights, Post Graduate students of Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics,
Commerce, Anthropology, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Sciences would be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
5. Students who have attained a minimum of 60% marks both in Class X & Class XII.
6. Attested photocopies of mark-sheets for each and every year / semester are to be submitted for all the preceding years from Class X onwards failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.Efforts will be made to give representation to all categories of students.
8. A 500 words write-up (hand-written) on the topic “Reason for joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with application which will also serve as a basis of selection.
9. The merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class X @ 30 Marks, Class XII @ 20 Marks and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 50 Marks.
10. Students who have attended the regular one month Summer / Winter Internship Programmes organized by NHRC earlier will not be eligible to apply. Taking the experience of the earlier Internship Programmes, it is proposed that in this year also the Winter Internship Programme 2013 will accommodate about 50 interns.
Download applictation form : Advertisement of WIP 2013