Age: between 18 to 26 years.
• Education: Under-Graduate/Post-Graduate regular student at the time of
application from Engineering/Science/Social Science/Medical/Commerce/IT/
Management disciplines having outstanding academic records. Minimum 7.5
CGPA/I i.e. Cumulative Grade Point Average/Index or 75% marks till the last
examination/semester passed will be required for consideration under the
scheme.Preferably from the following institutions
• Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
• Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
• National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
• Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS), Pilani
• Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
• National Law University (NLUs)
• Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
• School of Social Sciences, JNU, New Delhi
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
• Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
• Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi
• Institute of Rural Management, Anand, Gujrat
• Poddar Institute of Management, Jaipur
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Jodhpur
• Department of Economics, University of Rajasthan, jaipur
• Language skills: Good verbal and writing skills in English & Hindi
• Computer skills: Basic computer literacy, including MS Office (Word, Excel,
Power Point) and knowledge of working on Internet.
Students are required to submit their application in the prescribed format duly
recommended by the head of the institution along with relevant documents.
Applications will be scrutinized on the basis of candidate’s academic record and
synopsis on the proposed topic of study. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
by the Selection Committee.
Duration of Internship:
The duration of Internship will be for a period of 3 to 6 months as categorized
below. Interns will be engaged on attachment basis for specific projects and study
assignments during summer holidays and/ or for other specified period as follows:
Category I: Under-Graduate students enrolled in the final year of their degree
programme for a maximum duration of three months.
Category II: Post-Graduate students for an initial period of three months, which may
be extended to a maximum of six months, if justified for the specific needs.
Internship over a period of six months shall require clearance of Finance
Stipend and Logistic Support:
• ` 25,000 per month for each completed month and proportionate amount for
part of a month. The payment shall be made through bank from the budget
of State Innovation Council on the recommendation of the District Collectors.
• Boarding and lodging will be arranged at HCM-RIPA/Circuit House/Dak
Bungalow for which the intern shall pay the fixed rates as applicable for
• District Collector will facilitate office space and mobility support for the
• Laptops may be given on loan for the duration of study and taken back at the
completion of the internship. However, interns shall be encouraged to bring
their own laptops.
• The interns will have access to internet facility as may be available.
8. Awards & Certificate of Internship:
The interns will present their Reports before a High Powered Committee. Best
selected report will be awarded with a cash award of ` 1 lac followed by ` 50,000
and ` 25,000. A certificate of internship duly signed by the Chief Secretary and
Page 5 of 8
Principal Secretary, Planning will be awarded to each intern on completion of the
internship and successful presentation before the High Powered Committee.
No certificate will be awarded if the intern leaves the assignment before completion.
State Government reserves the right to terminate any internship at any point of time
without any obligation to cite reasons.
For details http://www.planning.rajasthan.gov.in/Young%20Intern%20Programme/Scheme_on_Website.pdf