Papers on either national or cross national dimension are invited which focus on issues of local government reforms, democratic decentralization and its implications for public policy. Identification on the gaps between proposed reforms and actual practices and suggestions for improvement would also form the part of the deliberations of this panel. Another issues to be debated is issue would be whether the nature of democracy has really changed from representative to participatory or if it is merely a change in the form and not in substance of governance.
- To identify and analyse the factors responsible for the democratic decentralization in India.
- To analyse the current status of the constitionalised panchayati raj institutions (PRIs) in India.
- To suggest policy changes leading to successful implementation of Panchayati Raj System in India.
The National Seminar on “Democratic Decentralization & Panchyati Raj” will be addressed to pontificate the following sub-themes under the above said thrust area :
- Panchayati Raj : Three tier system in India
- Panchayat Empowerment & Accountability Incentive Scheme
- Panchayati Raj Institution & Inclusive Growth
- Role of panchayati Raj in enhancing Agriculture activities
- Rural Governance Globalization & Development
- Civil Society & Governance at Local Level
- Social Audit : Improving Local Government Transparency &
- AccountabilityDecentralized Rural Government
- Integrated Decentralized Planning & Rural Governance
- Rural planning PURA & Decentralized Planning
- Democratic Decentralization & Organizational Development
- ICT : Emerging trends in Rural Development
- E – Choupal : Developing the Farmers, Developing the Nation
- ZilaParisad : The pillar of Development
- Panchayati Raj Development & Inclusive Democracy
CALL FOR PAPERS
The papers are invited on any one of the subthemes mentioned above. The interested participants are requested to fill up the registration form attached with the Seminar brochure and send the same along with the abstract of the research paper and the registration fee.
- Abstract must be electronically typed with double space in Times New Roman font with 12 point font-size in MS Word / Hindi Kruti Dev010 font size 15.
- The length of the abstract paper must not be less than 250 words and more than 350 words.
- The abstract must carry the title of the paper, the objective, research questions and methodology together with official address and the Email id.
- Only abstracts with clear focus will qualify to be published in the Abstract volume.
- The abstracts without registration fee will not be shortlisted for publication.
- The papers with coauthor must clearly mention the main author and the presenter.
- The acceptance of the abstract must not be taken as guarantee of the full paper being accepted for oral presentation during the Seminar.
Depending upon the quality of the full paper, the same will be shortlisted for Oral presentation or Poster presentation. In the case of paper not being found to be of quality, the same may be rejected as well. The decision of the Organising Secretary shall be final in this regard. In the case of rejection of the paper, the person concerned will only receive a certificate of participation from the organizing secretary of the Seminar.
Note : Abstract & full paper must be sent in soft copy only to the given email address on the
Registration form. No hardy copy of the abstract and the full paper shall be entertained.
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT TOGETHER WITH FILLED IN REGISTRATION FORM AND DELEGATE FEE: 20th
THE PROCEEDINGS OF SEMINAR WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY AFTER THE SEMINAR. ONLY THE SELECTED PAPERS
PRESENTED IN THE SEMINAR SHALL BE ELIGIBLE FOR PUBLICATION IN THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE SEMINAR.
For Faculty members, research scholars & students Rs. 650
Full length papers with abstract sent to email@example.com
The Seminar fee must will deposited in a/c numbered 11454456759 SBI BILBERA BRANCH, IFSC: SBIN0004679.
For any query please contact Sneha Suman (+918797362091 )