Date : 19-20 September, 2014
ORGANISED BY: DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE , GOBI ARTS & SCIENCE COLLEGE, ERODE DISTRICT, TAMIL NADU
1. The best practices of participatory democracy across the world.
2. The lacunae in the existing representative democracy model.
3. The evolution of participatory democracy in India and its existing status.
4. The initiatives of the Government for implementing participatory democracy at various levels of the society.
5. The participatory democracy and good governance strengthen each other.
6. The role of the judiciary in promoting participatory democracy and good governance in
7. Innovative methods for implementing the
principles of participatory democracy and good
8. Changing party system in India’s democracy.
9. Participation, empowerment and grass-root
10. Democracy and governance.
11. Democracy and civil society.
These sub-themes are only the possible suggestive
topics and the paper presenters can enjoy the liberty to
include topics that fall within the parameters of the seminar
Call for Papers:
Papers on the above themes are invited from
academicians, industry, professional bodies, NGOs,
research scholars and students. Paper presenters must
submit both hard and soft copies of the abstract not
exceeding 300 words and the full paper not exceeding 10
pages with not more than two authors, typed in A4 size
paper, Times New Roman font may please be sent to the
seminar organizing secretary.
Dates to Remember:
Submission of Abstract : 10.09.14
Submission of Full Paper : 15.09.14
LINK : http://www.languageinindia.com/july2014/gobicollegeissrseminar2014brochure.pdf