The rising of problems on improper implementation of laws, Delays in implementation of policies, Red-tapeism, Lack of clarity about the rules & regulations by the private entrepreneurs, Absence of effective accounting system has compelled the people for searching Good Governance.However in India the above problems have influenced the social scientists to introspect the matter for better governance and it stands as a challenge before it.
There is an increasing demand of greater transparency, accountability and better governance for the development of India. This seminar will address the concept of governance and accountability of Public Servants, Public & Private organizations etc. It is to analyze and estimate how they can enhance responsiveness and accountability to their clients/citizens. Many have been experimenting with new ways to organize themselves. Others have been challenged to be more responsive and accountable to their clients/citizens.
The goals of the seminar are:
• To synthesize the fragmented ideas of governance.
• To improve governance by integrating academic research.
• To formulate standard public policy for governance.
The seminar shall try to focus and invites papers on the issues as sub-themes for discussion on the topic
Thrust areas for discussion:
1. Innovative role of media & Civil Society
2. E Governance Vs Good Governance
3. Changing role of the Bureaucracy towards Good Governance.
4. The practicability of Government policies.
5. Movements for Good Governance
6. Perceptions of the Citizen, Government & Political Parties.
7. Over-activism of Civil Societies & Mal Practice.
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 15, 2014
Final Paper Submission Deadline: December 7, 2014
All communications & queries may be made with the organizing secretary by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile No-9434121373 & 9178274377 regarding the seminar.
We have no own accommodation facility, but by advance request of the participants we can arrange in the local hotels and the actual cost will be paid by the concerned delegates.
All paper presenters will be paid travel expenses in shortest routes as per UGC norms.