About Women’s web
Women’s Web is THE place for the Indian woman who wants to stay engaged with the world, who believes that she has a place in the world, and ideas to offer. We focus on women’s self-development and pursuit of happiness, by offering information on career development, entrepreneurship, managing work and family, successful women, women’s health, social issues and personal finances. Our goal is to help women learn and grow!
Women’s Web welcomes graduates/post-graduates to intern with us in the areas of writing, design and/or social media, as a way to gain experience in digital publishing/media and figure out if it is the right career for them, while bringing us fresh ideas and their skills.
It will be a relevant learning experience for students interested in pursuing a career in any media, besides a chance to build your portfolio. It is also a good opportunity for women on a career break, who are considering a new career in any form of media/publishing.
A letter of internship experience will be provided to interns who successfully complete a 2-month program.
What will I be working on?
Here are examples of some tasks that interns with us get to work on:
- Interviewing women in different fields of work in India
- Creating infographics/other design elements as a communication tool
- Social media activity such as tweetathons, maintaining our G+ page or participating in other relevant communities
- Building an image database to use with Women’s Web articles
- Curating good writing on a particular topic from within/outside Women’s Web
- Writing on contemporary topics of interest to our readers
- Helping create our newsletter
As you would note, there is a lot more to digital publishing than just writing – and while you would get to do some writing as well, the internship helps you acquire many more skills.
Next internship available from
Dec 2014-Jan 2015 (can be extended by a month if both parties want to!)
Internship applications for Oct-Nov 2014 have been closed now. If you are interested and available during Dec-Jan 2015, please fill in the form below.
The ideal candidate for this position would be:
- Someone doing their graduation or post-graduation, preferably in an Arts discipline, although we are open to other students. Or a candidate on a career break from another field, who fulfils the criteria below
- Interested in a career in any branch of the media, or in the field of communications
- With a very keen interest in social issues and change in India
- Has good communication skills, especially written English and/or proficiency in design as a tool of communication
- Is a self-starter, doesn’t need goading to work, and has a high degree of commitment to deadlines
- And a very high degree of enthusiasm, curiosity and willingness to learn.
Time & Schedules
This internship will require you to spend about 10 hours every week, working with us on areas such as developing content on the site and supporting the Women’s Web community via social media. It could also involve some administrative and other routine tasks that are part of running a publishing platform.
You will need to be available for an hour each day, during week days, in order to be able to work closely with the core team.
Location is not a constraint, since this a home-based position, but candidates in Bangalore or Chennai would be given first preference.
If you are interested, fill in the application below, and we’ll get back to you if you fit the bill!
(Please do not fill the form unless you have carefully read through all the information above).