Paralegal education is an important duty of the state and academia to build legal knowledge and skills among people. It is an important tool and method to fulfil the unmet legal needs of the people. It will improve the overall quality of professional legal education while extending the services of the poor. This course will facilitate the community based initiatives, combining participation and legal empowerment through the student support groups. The main objectives of the scheme are:
- to prepare skilled driven paralegal to serve at grassroots level;
- to integrate relevant employable skills into the higher education system;
- to cater the demands of various target groups by offering different level courses;
- to facilitate skill up-gradation, multi-skilling, multi-entry and exit, vertical mobility in a flexible manner
- to provide employable and certifiable skills with necessary general education to Senior Secondary School pass-outs not willing to join existing higher education system;
- to offer bridge courses to certificate holders of general / vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NVEQF level.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: Odiya/Hindi/English
ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 Examination or Equivalent thereto.
AGE: No upper age limit FEE STRUCTURE: Rs. 6000/- year
SCHOLARSHIP: Rs.1000/- month
RESERVATION: Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD will be made as per government of India rule.
APPLICATION: Send duly filled downloaded form along with photocopy of 10th and +2 mark sheets and certificates to The Registrar, National Law University Odisha, CDA-13, Cuttack -753014. Write the name of the course on the top of the application envelop.