Deadline: January 15, 2016
The Youth Assembly at the United Nations (YA@UN) is a unique platform created to foster dialogue and generate partnerships between exceptional youth, UN high officials and staff, private sector, and civil society.
This coming February, join us at the 2016 Winter Youth Assembly at the United Nations, where young leaders and professionals, UN high officials and staff, private sector, and civil society gather to discuss and examine the important role of youth in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Program: Winter YA 2016 – 2 Full Days at the United Nations Headquarters, NYC, USA; Resolution Project new Social Venture Awards through Competitions for University-level Delegates, more.
- Agenda: Transforming Our World: The Role of Youth in the Implementation of the SDGs
- Date: February 17-18, 2016
- Platform: Plenary sessions, Workshops, Round table Discussions, Networking, New Social Venture Competitions, MDG Related Skills Building and Campaign Introductions
- Leadership: Renowned speakers and expert workshop facilitators; U.N. Staff participation at sessions; Young leaders like yourself from around the world; Intergenerational Leadership Exchanges.
- Youth Leaders and those who wish to become leaders, ages 16-24+
- Advanced Youth Leaders and Young Professionals engaged in the United Nations or MDG studies, internship, fellowships or early work stages, ages 18-28+
- Applicants under 16 years old are NOT eligible and will not be accepted.
- To learn about the United Nations;
- To become involved in the success of the UN’s Post-2015 Agenda for Development;
- To hear great speakers and workshop leaders;
- To voice your opinions on the urgent issues of today and help make a permanent impact throughout the world; and
- To meet other dedicated young people from all over the world.
If you are part of a group interested in attending the Youth Assembly, please apply together using the group application form. Note that you must have at least 15 members or more to apply as a group; if you have less than 15 members, please submit individual applications for each group member.
Regarding US Visas:
- It is the responsibility of each participant to find out if you need a Visa to enter the United States.
- In case you need a visa to enter the U.S., we recommend that you apply to the Youth Assembly immediately. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU!
- Friendship Ambassadors Foundation cannot make personal phone calls or requests on your behalf to specific Embassies or Consulates. Interference with the diplomatic and consular affairs by a host organization is not permissible, and reliance on such phone calls may slow your application process as well as decrease your chances of obtaining a visa.
Registration Process: For instructions on how to register to attend the event, please click HERE.