What is the Special Issue about?
Guested edited by Matteo P. Arena, Marquette University, USA, and Stephen P. Ferris, University of Missouri, USA.
The Guest Editors solicit high-quality papers for a special issue of Managerial Finance focusing on the topics related to legal issues and litigation in modern corporate finance. The legal challenges faced by corporations have grown in significance in recent years. New research in this area has the potential to provide valuable information to practitioners when dealing with the new challenges created by an increasingly complex litigation environment.
Topics of interest
Possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The effect of litigation risk and corporate lawsuits on firm value
- The effect of litigation risk and corporate lawsuits on corporate financial policies
- Litigation risk management
- International legal issues faced by multinational corporations
- Litigation as a corporate governance mechanism
- Measuring the cost of corporate litigation
- Manuscript submission: 30 April 2016
- Please submit as early as possible
- Papers should be submitted electronically online to Managerial Finance via its ScholarOne submission system
- Please follow the journal submission guidelines and specify that the manuscript is for the special issue in the submission process
- For additional information, please contact Matteo Arena and Stephen Ferris