he Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai is pleased to organize the conference in association with Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee and Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai.
Financial market microstructure dynamics, technological innovations in processes and financial products, global financial market fragmentation, integration and consolidation, emergence of innovative start-ups and increasing thrust on development finance have raised several challenging issues worthy of research. Aggregation of firm level financial risk, high corporate cash holdings, increasing cross border mergers and acquisitions, policy changes on board composition and governance, crowd funding of projects, issues in valuation of e-commerce startups, dividend initiation and risk management and challenges in convergence with international accounting standards and derivatives accounting, lead to interesting researchable issues.
The conference brings together researchers from academia, industry and regulatory organizations to deliberate on theoretical work, empirical findings and policy implications related to financial market microstructure and challenges in corporate finance. The Conference will provide an excellent avenue to get quality feedback and an opportunity for networking among researchers, academicians and industry executives working in finance and allied areas.
Call for papers
We invite high quality original theoretical / applied empirical papers faculty members, research scholars, industry practitioners and regulatory organisations. Submissions covering studies in the context of India and emerging markets are greatly encouraged. The papers could be on topics listed below or on other relevant topics focusing on contemporary issues.
Track 1 – Financial Markets
- Financial Markets and Risk Management – Stock Market, Bond Market, Commodity Market, Forex Market, Money Market, Derivatives Market
- Financial Institutions and Investments – Banking and Financial Stability, Payment and Settlement System, Treasury Management and International Banking Regulations and Alternative Investment Management
- Market Microstructure – Liquidity, Transaction costs, Algorithmic Trading, Modeling using High Frequency Trading, Market crashes
- Financial Modeling and Analytics – High Frequency financial data, Non Linear Modeling and Forecasting
- Behavioural Finance – Investor Psychology and Trading Behavior
- Financial Inclusion and Development Finance – Micro Finance, Micro credit and Insurance, Rural Finance and Inclusive Innovation
Track 2 – Corporate Finance
- Capital Structure – Corporate Liquidity, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Angel and Crowd Funding, Corporate Investment and Valuation of startups
- Dividend Initiation and Earnings Management
- Ownership, Corporate Governance and Financial Performance – Family Business Governance and Performance, Board Composition and Governance.
- International Finance – Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions, FDI, FPI
- Corporate Accounting and Reporting – Financial Reporting, Hedge Accounting and Cloud Accounting
Submissions covering studies in the context of India and Emerging Markets are greatly encouraged. Contributions on other relevant topics focusing on contemporary issues are also welcome.
Submit your work in progress or full paper and submit online at the conference website, early submissions are highly appreciated. The submission should include Title, Affiliation, Email, Abstract, Keywords, Motivation of the study, Literature Survey, Data and Methodology and Results with single line spacing. A separate word document with affiliation and a pdf version without affiliation should be submitted.
|Format||APA (American Psychological Association)|
|Font style||Times New Roman|
|Word limit||max. 10000 words (Including tables, appendix and references)|
|Margins||One inch all sides|
Paper selected for oral presentation will be given 30 minutes (i.e.) 15 minutes for presentation, followed by 10 minutes for discussant and 5 minutes for discussion. Participants are expected to strictly adhere to the time limit mentioned above. Papers selected for poster presentation will have to prepare posters as per the guidelines prescribed to them.
Paper selection: Single blind peer review process will determine the papers to be included in the oral presentation or poster presentation at the conference. Peer review committee will determine the selection of papers for best paper awards.
The authors of accepted papers for oral/ poster presentation should register themselves for the conference. Payment towards registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
This is a non-residential programme and participants have to make their own arrangements for their accommodation, (Conference Fee includes 1 banquet, 2 luncheons and coffee breaks). The registration fees will be as follows:
A. For Delegates with Poster/ Paper presentation
|Registration Fee||Early Bird Registration Fee|
|For Delegates (India)||Rs. 3500||Rs. 3000|
|For Delegates (Industry)||Rs. 6000||–|
|For Delegates (International)||USD 350||USD 300|
B. For Conference participants (without presentation)
|Registration Fee||Early Bird Registration Fee|
|Academicians||Rs. 2500||Rs. 2250|
|Industry participants||Rs. 5000||–|
|Non-faculty Research scholars /
|Rs. 2000||Rs. 1750|
*Early Bird Registration is upto 31st May, 2016.
Registration deadline for Delegates (with presentation) : 30th June, 2016
Registration deadline for Conference participants (without presentation): 31st July, 2016
for more visit : http://icfmcf.in/registration.php