eadline: May 13, 2016
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Date: July 6 – 10, 2016.
Costs: No participation fee. We will provide participants with travel subsidies, accommodation and meals.
Are you ready to discover your diplomatic vein and fine-tune your skills for negotiation, consensus-building and public speaking? Apply for the 7th Model ASEM and engage with 150 participants from all 51 ASEM countries in a simulation exercise of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit.
The 7th Model ASEM is a 3-day youth conference held in conjunction with the 11th ASEM Summit (ASEM11) on 6-10 July 2016 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Participants have the opportunity to explore their diplomatic skills while role-playing a Head of State or Government at the conference. The past editions of Model ASEM have brought together hundreds of students, members of ASEM delegations and ministries as well as ASEM academic experts from the 53 ASEM partners.
Why should you apply?
- Gain and develop skills in the fields of negotiation, diplomacy and consensus-building;
- Play the role of a Head of State or Government of an ASEM country and discuss political, economic and socio-cultural issues;
- Meet leaders from governments, academia and international organisations;
- Enhance your understanding of Asia-Europe collaboration and the ASEM process;
- Visit diplomatic missions of other ASEM countries located in Ulaanbaatar to gain an in-depth knowledge about the functions of an Embassy or Consulate.
- Citizens (passport holders) of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) countries;
- University students from all disciplines, between the ages of 18-30, with an interest in international relations;
- The conference will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants.
Check FAQ. Drop us an email at email@example.com.
information courtesy: http://www.youthop.com/conferences/apply-for-the-7th-model-asem-to-be-held-in-mongolia