Deadline: May 15, 2016
Location: Mumbai, India.
BRM are looking for girls who are 20-25 year old and who have completed their graduation. Girls who are ready to take on a 1 year rigorous full time, paid fellowship journey with The Blue Ribbon Movement. The fellowship aims to build leadership, employability and entrepreneurship skills among girls (20 to 25 years) through a multi layered ‘service learning’ model
This fellowship will include:
- A learning track for fellows to build their personal skills, professional skills and domain-knowledge;
- Each fellow training 600 school girls for a 6 month community service based leadership program;
- A deep dive into their own gender stereotypes and blocks to their self-empowerment.
Objectives of The BRM Fellowship:
- Take young women through a practical learning experience that will build their confidence and empathy along with making them socially aware and responsible;
- Equip women with the required leadership and entrepreneurial skills that will help them in their career;
- Empower fellows by exploring the impact of gender bias and therefore breaking their own stereotypes;
- Enable women to develop a vision for themselves and work towards taking their own decisions and becoming independent.
- A female graduate between the age of 20 and 25 years;
- Fluent in Hindi and any one of English/ Marathi/ Gujarati;
- Comfortable with extensive local travel within Mumbai;
- Ready for a rigorous masters level learning experience including field work at the grassroots;
- Passionate about understanding and working on gender issues and women’s empowerment;
- Eager to facilitate workshops for 13-14 year old girls in schools.
- Learn through action: Make social change happen by empowering school girls;
- Learn with experts from various fields;
- Deep dive into your own gender stereotypes and blocks to self empowerment;
- Self learn : have your own personal growth plan.