Deadline: December 31, 2016
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is accepting applications for their 2017 Internship Programme. The UNFPA Internship Program offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
- Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
- Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- Applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
- Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
Application Process: To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click here. Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment/application_guide.doc.