Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A (SHDF) and Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.) are offering scholarships for Indian students. These scholarships are available for regular students pursuing a professional diploma, degree or postgraduate courses in a recognized institution/University in India.
This merit-based scholarship has been set up to help students who are meritorious or from economically weaker backgrounds. It aims at inspiring them to achieve excellent results by providing financial support.
The sole aim and objective of Nishkam are ‘welfare of poor and needy persons, students, orphans, widows, and destitute etc. irrespective of caste, creed, and religion.
Applicants must have good command over the Punjabi language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing a professional diploma, degree or postgraduate courses in a recognized institution/University in India.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Medical, Nursing, Home Science, Architecture, Agriculture, Business Management, B.Ed., Journalism, CA etc.
Scholarship Award: Up to Rs. 27,000 per year per student plus Incentives up to Rs. 3,000 to Toppers / Position Holders.
Scholarship can be taken in the India
Eligibility: These scholarships are available only for pursuing a professional diploma, degree or postgraduate courses in a recognized institution/University in India. The term professional course includes, (but is not limited to), engineering, architecture, information technology, computer science, medical, nursing, pharmacology, home science, education, business management, agriculture, animal husbandry and the like. Students appearing in Class XII Examination (The academic year 2015-16) can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview, but the scholarship will be granted, if found eligible, only on getting admission for a professional course in recognized Institute.
- The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous year’s / Semester’s examination.
- The gross family income of the applicant must not exceed an average of Rs.12500/- per month (i.e. Rs. 1,50,000 per year).
- The applicant must maintain an active e-mail account for correspondence with Nishkam. He/she must mention a Mobile number for easy communication.
Nationality: Applicants from India can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous year’s / Semester’s examination.
Test Requirement: Eligible students will be required to take a Written Test in Punjabi & Moral Science during August/September 2016 at any of the seven Centers namely New Delhi, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Faridkot, Moga, Bathinda and Amritsar (Details to be notified later). Students who have appeared in Class XII Examination in March 2016 can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview, but the scholarship will be granted, only on getting admission for a professional course in recognized Institute and if found eligible otherwise.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have good command over the Punjabi language.
How to Apply: This is a five step process
- First Obtain the prescribed Application Form
- Second Obtain/Collect necessary documents to be submitted with the application as per the details were given on the first page.
- Third Fill up the application, fully and completely (with no dots and blanks), and send it, together with attested photocopies of all certificates and receipt of fees paid and other necessary documents, so as to reach Nishkam office in New Delhi (by mail or delivered personally) latest by 30th June, 2016. Incomplete Forms/ Forms received after due date will be summarily rejected.
- Fourth Applicant whose forms are found complete in all respects will appear, at his/her own expense, in the written Punjabi and Moral Science test to be conducted by Nishkam (time and place will be notified separately) The admit cards for the written test will be sent to e-mail and not through the post. Schedule of written test and venue will be intimated through said admit card or at Nishkam website.
- Fifth Candidates qualifying written test will appear for Interview, at their own expense. Date, time, and venue for the interview will be notified later on.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 June 2016.
for more details visit : http://scholarship-positions.com/shdf-nishkam-scholarships-indian-students/2016/05/31/