Deadline: 31 July 2016
Open to: anyone in any part of the world with entries written in English and less than 5,000 words long.
Prize: the first prize is EUR 60,000 (USD 69,141)
The McKinsey Global Institute has launched a global essay contest aimed at crowdsourcing solutions to one of Europe’s biggest political and economic conundrums: how to implement a pro-growth economic strategy that is both effective and that appeals to voters and policy-makers.
The essay prize is a follow-up to the MGI June 2015 report, A Window of Opportunity for Europe, which identified policy measures that could double GDP growth in Europe in a sustainable manner and create more than 20 million jobs in Europe. While that report identified the “why” and the “what,” it did not focus on the “how.”
The competition is open to Entrants worldwide provided that they are aged 18 years or over as of the date of entry, except:
- Employees, associates, directors or agents of McKinsey or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- Employees of the Jacques Delors Institute;
- Direct ascendants, direct descendants, siblings, spouses or partners of (1) or (2) above.
- 1st place will be awarded EUR 60,000;
- A prize of EUR 25,000 will be awarded to the best essay written by an author under the age of 30;
- A prize of EUR 15,000 will be awarded to runners-up at the discretion of the panel of judges.
How to apply?
To enter a submission you must:
- Visit the link (the “Competition Website”) to download the application form;
- Submit your Essay to email@example.com (the “Competition Email Address”) in either Adobe pdf or Microsoft Word format, together with the application documents.
Submissions are due by 31 July 2016 and the awards will be presented at a dinner ceremony in Brussels in October.
For more information please visit the official website.
information courtesy: http://officialchange.com/win-eur-60000-by-writting-essay-on-europes-economic-growth/