The Journal is first of its kind in India in the area of taxation. It is edited by the students and alumni of National Law University Odisha, Cuttack, independently from the University, and to advice the Editorial Board on the matters of content and policy, there is an Advisory Board, a group of academicians and legal practitioners with a strong interest in taxation.
The Journal’s object is to promote greater interest among students, and others to undertake serious academic research and discussion on issues involving taxation.
The journal is published bi-annually in soft copy.
The Journal calls for submissions of manuscripts on all areas of taxation of contemporary relevance from the body of legal academia, professionals within India and overseas, and students for Issue 1 of Volume III of the journal.
Types of Submissions:
IJTL welcomes submissions of Articles, Essays, Case Notes, and Book Reviews. The submission length should be a as follows-
1. Articles (between 5000-10000 words including footnotes)
Articles are comprehensive publications that analyze important themes of contemporary relevance in the realm of taxation.
An abstract of up to 250 words must accompany the Article.
2. Essays (between 4000-5000 words including footnotes)
Essays usually focus on a specific issue and posit a central argument.
3. Case Notes (1500-5000 words including footnotes)
Case notes are the examination of recent cases significant in the area of taxation.
4. Book Reviews (1000-2500 words including footnotes)
Book Reviews are welcomed in form of a short summary of the book in the context of existing positions the book explores.
Mode of Submission:
We do not accept hard copy of manuscripts for publication. All submissions must be emailed in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Date of Submission:
The last date for submission of manuscript for publication in Issue 1 of Volume III is September 1, 2016. For contributors not being nationals of India, submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
Style & Format:
Submissions must follow the following style and format-
– Main Body must be in font size 12, Times New Roman font theme, and 1.5 line spacing.
– Footnotes must be in font size 10, Times New Roman font theme, and 1 line spacing.
– Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes.
– Footnotes should conform to the Nineteenth Edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation
Last date for submission: 1 September 2016
For more details click here