About Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship is provided to students for study at University of Oxford for outstanding all-round education and a transformative experience.
Rhodes scholarship India is provided to Indian Students who want to go for postgraduate studies in Humanities, Law, Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture or Sciences.
The scholarship is offered for 2 years but the tenure of the scholarship might be extended.
The Rhodes Trust provides the Rhodes Scholarships in partnership with Second Century Founder, John McCall MacBain along with other benefactors of the fund.
1. Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen holding valid Indian passport or equivalent proof of citizenship.
2. Age: Candidates must be of such an age that they will have passed their 18th and not have passed their 25th birthday on the 1st October 2016.
3. Academic Qualification: Candidates must have at least a first class degree in Humanities, Law, Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture or Sciences from an Indian University. College seniors in the last year of their academic program and have exceptionally bright academic record can also apply.
Candidates for study of medicine, specially the one wishing to do research in clinical departments, should consult the Medical School Offices at Oxford, including the Secretary before they submit their application.
Note: The Committee of Selection for India will decide whether candidates comply with forgoing conditions, and will make the nominations, depending upon the approval from Rhodes Trustees.
Rhodes Scholarship Rewards
The scholarship is tenable to University of Oxford for the span of two years initially which will include:
1. College and University Fees: Including Tution fee and University Application Fee.
2. Personal stipend: Personal stiphend of 13,658 British Pound will be given to the fellows .
3. Private Health Insurance: BUPA will provide health insurance to the Rhodes Scholars.
4. Travel Expenses: Rhodes Trust will provide economy class air fare of the to and fro journey from India to Oxford University and back.
5. Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship is offered for a period of 2-3 years depending on the selected course of study.
6. Under no circumtances, Rhodes Trust will pay the living allowance beyond the third year of the scholarship
Expenses not covered under Rhodes Scholarship
Dependent Expences: Married candidates should bear in mind that the scholarship is only given to one person, and that the Trust has no provision for the support of scholar’s spouse. Spouses who are international citizens might find it difficult to look for paid work.
Last date to apply: 31 July 2016
For more details visit