Tilburg Law Review (TiLR) invites article submissions for its fall 2017 special issue on ‘Translating Law‘. We imagine this double issue primarily as a collection of articles in law and humanities, but we welcome submissions from other disciplines as well.
This issue will also contain the Montesquieu Lecture that Boaventura de Sousa Santos will deliver at Tilburg University in the spring of 2017.
The submission deadline is Dec. 15, 2016.
Possible topics include:
1. Translations between legal languages, legal cultures
2. The right to translation
3. Translating legal fictions, legal metaphors
4. Translating across disciplines
5. Global law as a translation project
6. Court interpreters, oral translation, translation as performance
7. Legal mistranslations and legal untranslatables
8. Copyright and translation rights
9. Translating flight narratives in asylum procedures
10. Law and its others; law and the ‘other scene’; translating trauma; translating testimony
11. Translating between different conceptions of law
For more details click here