CALL FOR PAPERS
The M. K. Nambyar SAARC Law Journalwas launched originally as a flagship of the M K Nambyar SAARC LAW Centre in 2010. Over its short span of publication the fledgling periodical has grown into a full-fledged Journal with ISSN (No.2346-8646) accreditation and peer reviewed journal. The Journal has not only sustained its periodicity as a bi-annual publication, but over the years it has matured in quality and readership, and commits to enrich its scholarship from issue to issue in the years ahead. A notable feature of the Journal is that it stands out as the only publication focussed on the legal issues of concern and contemporary relevance to the SAARC region and its eight member countries though there are several other journals which debate a multitude of regional issues, political, economic, cultural, inter-state and other.
The Journal has adopted an inclusive approach by encouraging well researched articles from scholars of law. Scholarly contributions from other disciplines are also invited.
Guidelines for Authors
Contributors willing to submit article to the M K Nambyar SAARC Law Journal should follow the prescribed guidelines. All contributors will be subjected to plagiarism test. Average score of plagiarism should not exceed 25% including footnotes/bibliography.
Length of the Article: 3500- 5000 words: font size: 12; Times New Roman; Space: 1.5
Abstract for the Article: The article should be accompanied by an abstract of 250 to 300 words which should be placed at the beginning of the paper.
Book Review: Book Reviews of some of the reputed Journal of SAARC Law are also invited. The minimum word limit of the content of Book Review should not be less than 1000 words. Full details of the book/Journal under review should also be furnished.
Authors should apply the reference style furnished below.
All references should be footnotes at the bottom of each corresponding page of the text.
Book, single author:
- Footnote: Catherine Delafield, Women’s Diaries as Narrative in the Nineteenth-Century Novel(Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2009), 145.
Book, two or three authors:
- Footnote: Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, PatrioticProstitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance (New York: William Morrow, 2009), 35.
Book, more than three authors:
- Footnote:AndrewGelman and others, Red State, Blue State, Rich State, Poor State: WhyAmericans Vote the Way They Do (Princeton: Princeton University Press , 2008), 128-9.
Book chapter/work in an anthology:
- Footnote: Christine De Vinne, “Religion under Revolution in Ourika,” in, Approaches to TeachingDuras’sOurika, ed. Mary Ellen Birkett and Christopher Rivers (New York, NY: ModernLanguage Association of America, 2009), 41.
- Carew & Co. Ltd. V. Union of India, AIR 1975 SC 2260
Article from a journal:
- Footnote: Tom Buchanan, “Between Marx and Coca-Cola: Youth Cultures in Changing EuropeanSocieties, 1960-1980,” Journal of Contemporary History, vol. 44, no. 2 (2009): 372.
Article from a magazine/periodical:
- First Note: Jon Meacham, “The Stakes? Well, Armageddon, For One,” Newsweek, October 12, 2009, 5.
Article from a newspaper:
- First Note: TylerKepner, “A Battering of Santana Saves the Yankees ‘ Weekend,” New York Times,June 15, 2009, Section D, Final edition.
Article from an encyclopaedia:
- First Note: Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th. ed., s.v. “Gilbert Keith Chesterton.”
Websites (not online journals):
- First Note: University of Georgia, “Points of Pride,” University of Georgia,
http://www.uga.edu/profile/pride.html (accessed October 21, 2009).
Immediate Reference: where a source is quoted again immediately after the first quote: Ibid; p.26
Multiple References: where a particular reference (book, article or any other sources) is quoted more than once in the text: supra note 12, p.50
Maps, tables, figures should be mentioned at appropriate places in the Text. They should be sourced at the bottom. Not at the Footnote.
The Last Date for submissions is October 30, 2016.
Mode of Submission: Online only
The manuscript should be accompanied with the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference.
Address for Correspondence:
Editor-in-chief, M.K.Nambyar SAARCLAW Journal
NALSAR University of Law
Post Box No. 1, Justice City, R.R.District,
Shameerpet, Hyderabad – 500001