Call for the Papers
We are pleased to inform you that our organization “Voices of Marginalized” is going to publish an edited Book with International Standard Book Number (ISBN), on the topic of “Practices and strategies to eliminate Manual Scavenging: Social, Political & Constitutional Measures.”
Articles must be no more than 10,000-11,000 words, including endnotes and references. Longer articles will not be processed. Contributions should be sent preferably by email. Articles should be accompanied by an abstract of a maximum of 150-200 words. Papers should not have been simultaneously submitted for publication to another journal or Book. If the paper has appeared earlier in a different version, we would appreciate a copy of this along with the submitted paper. Graphs and charts need to be prepared in MS Office (Word/Excel) and are preferable to material prepared in jpeg formats. Receipt of articles will be acknowledged by email within 3-4 weeks.
Papers are invited from Academicians, Practitioners, and Research Scholars to submit their original research paper on the particular sub-theme or any topic related to the theme of Book. The last date of submission is 30th January 2017. The soft copy of the article may be mailed to: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org . We also look forward for contributions from the social sector. Kindly circulate the information among your colleagues and friends for wide and good quality Papers.
For Query, Contact on: Vikram Singh; Assistant Professor Department of Social Work Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Koni Bilaspur; Chhattisgarh India & President ” Voices of Marginalized” – An NGO. +91-8962231719, +91-8817028036
- Tentative Sub-Topics:
- Dynamics of power paradox in society among Scavengers.
- Changing caste-based relations of Manual Scavengers.
- Manual scavenging and gender discrimination in Society.
- Solidarity and Community participation against Manual Scavenging.
- Contemporary Dalit movement in addressing the plights of Scavengers.
- Civil society action in promoting parallel action strategies in outlaws practice of manual scavenging.
- Dalit activism and their impact on the Manual Scavenging.
- Relevance and effectiveness of national/International women organizations in protecting the rights of women belong to scavenger community.
- Reduction of Manual Scavenging through the Civil Society Organization’s Campaigns.
- Government strategies against Manual Scavenging.
- Liberating manual Scavengers in Context of Civil Society led development model.
- Constitutional and legislative prohibitions on manual scavenging in India.
- Policy framework for Development of Scavenger community.
- Assumptions, perspectives, and programmes, including various provisions of criminal and civil Acts against eradication of Manual Scavenging.
- Legislating for Manual Scavenging: Justices, Law & Social Development.
- Countering State Policy: The emergence of Self-respect movements against eradication of Manual Scavenging.
- Manual Scavenging in India: contemporary status and apprehensions of state Intervention.
- Styles and Formats
- Page setup:
- 1 inch (equal to 2.54 cms) margin on all sides
- Gutter: .5 inch (equal to 1.27 cm) on left for documents that are to be bound on the left
- Page size A4 (please be careful in this as default for most installations of Word is Letter size, which is not used in India)
- Any non-ornamental font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
- Size: 12 Points
- Alignment: Justified
- Left and Right Indent: 0
- Special: None
- Spacing Before and After Paragraph: 6 points
- Line Spacing: 1.5 lines
Link : https://newsphilosophy.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/practices-and-strategies-to-eliminate-manual-scavenging-social-political-constitutional-measures/