Each year Swiss Government awards Excellence Scholarship 2017 to promote exchange and research cooperation programs among the countries.
Applicants are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Foreign Students (FCS).
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
How To Apply
The application package can be obtained by email from the Swiss Embassy in New Delhi.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate, with the number of copies indicated (hard copies only). The original, signed documents and attested translations should be submitted, along with two copies.
- Postgraduate and PhD holder.
- Applicant must not be over 35 years old at the time of the application.
- Having an admission letter.
- The official FCS 2017-2018 application form (typed and printed). No handwritten forms will be accepted.
- A full curriculum vitae with list of academic publications.
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages), use only the official research proposal form provided with the application package.
- A copy of the letter or email from a professor at the chosen Swiss university confirming that they are willing and entitled to supervise the PhD studies.
- Include a short CV of your academic host supervisor.
- In those cases where the PhD is pursued within a structured doctoral school, applicants must include in their application a copy of the PhD admission letter or proof that they are being considered for admission. Without such a document, the application will be rejected.
- For EPFL doctoral school candidates: an admission letter from the EPFL doctoral school is required. As this takes time, applicants must plan accordingly and submit their application for admission to the doctoral school well before the scholarship programme deadline. Without those documents the application will be rejected.
- Photocopies of all certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades. (If the originals are not in English, French, German or Italian, the copies must be translated into one of these languages and attested.) Attestations can be made by a university or government officer.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors in the applicant’s field (use only the official reference form provided with the application package).
- A health certificate (use only the official health certificate provided with the application package).
- Each application set should contain two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data).
For further details: http://www.buddy4study.com/scholarship/swiss-government-excellence-scholarship-2017