Probono India’s 1st Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
National Legal Essay Competition 2016
Prizes: Worth Rs. 8000
Last date of Submission: Jan 5, 2017
Topic for first competition aptly chosen looking at present situation of legal education in India. There is an urgent need to have reform in legal education by way of formalizing and implementing different robust policies. This competition will result in some of very good quality essay on legal education in India.
Legal Education In India: Issues & Challenges
- The Competition is open only for L.L.B, L.L.M & Ph.D. students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the University in India.
- No Co-authorship is allowed
- Certificate, Cash prizes & Memento will be given to best three essay.
- First Rank: Rs.4000
- Second Rank: Rs.2000
- Third Rank: Rs.1500
- In case of tie, essay will be sent for further evaluation to experts.
- All contributors will be given a certificate of participation for submission of essay.
- Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English, 4000 to 6000 thousand words (New Times Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing) including footnotes and references.
- Title of the page should carry all details like name, affiliation, email id, mobile no. of the participants.
On or before 5th January, 2017.
- Essay to be sent to email id email@example.com
- Students should also send scanned copy of a bonafide certificate from the Principal or Head of the institution along with the essay. The participants will be informed other details or subsequent changes, if any. If there is any change in the e-mail address of the participants, it may be informed to the above address.
- All good quality essay will be published in the form of a book / journal/ magazine/electronic resource or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, subject to sufficient number of essays. All entries shall be deemed to be the property of the organizer.
- Organizer has complete discretion about publication of essay in any form. Essay will be judged by faculties from elite law institutions in India based on parameters like contents, flow of presentation, critical & innovating thinking , reference, language etc.
Result of the competition will be declared on 26th January, 2017.
Kalpesh kumar L Gupta, Founder- Pro Bono India, Surat 394221, Gujarat