About NLUJAA, JOURNAL ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Center for IPR Studies, JOURNAL ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW (JIPLR), is peer reviewed Journal published Annually by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. It is a faculty run Annual Refereed Journal whose primary objective is to serve an important academic forum for legal scholarship in IPR matters. The JOURNAL ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW (JIPLR), will promote reflective thinking by providing a socially relevant legal knowledge. This review is an earnest attempt to provide an effective research tool by sparking scholastic conversation among a diverse group of academicians, judges, jurists, practitioners, students, activists, scholars and prominent thinkers. The review will publish scholarly articles, comments on recent decisions by courts, short notes, legislative analysis and solicit reviews of latest books from renowned connoisseurs of law. All submissions will undergo a rigorous editorial process devised to hone and strengthen tone and substance.
NLUJA, Assam welcomes contribution for the First Volume of the JIPLR 2016 from academicians, judges, jurists, practitioners, students, activists, scholars and prominent thinkers across the globe.
About the University
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The Hon’ble Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. NLUJAA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to its students, scholars and faculty drawn from across the country, including the North East, hailing from different socioeconomic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
THEME : INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS
Categories for Submission
The Publication Committee of JIPLR is inviting quality research papers from:
- Academicians and professionals (inter-disciplinary with law);
- Judges and Advocates;
- Research Scholars;
- Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary scholastic work
“JOURNAL ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW (JIPLR)” which is a peer-reviewed journal edited by faculty members at the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam as well as by external reviewers.
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The submission can be sent under the following category:
1. Research papers: Between 7000 and 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
2. Notes/Comments: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions and analysis.
3. Case/Report Comments: In between 2500- 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This part should entail an analysis of contemporary Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
4. Book/Reports Review : Word limit is 2000- 3000 for review of a book relevant to the themes. The review should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, font of size 12 with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet. (page number)
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font of size 10 with 1.0 line spacing. Endnotes are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word
- Headings should follow the following standard:
- 1. LEVEL 1 HEADING: All Capitals & Bold;
- 1.1. LEVEL 2 SUB-HEADING First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD;
- 1.1.1. Level 3 Sub-Sub-Heading: First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD & ITALIC;
- 184.108.40.206. Level 4 Sub-Sub-Sub-Heading: Normal
Submissions must be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (preferably in .docx format) alongwith a covering letter addressed to Dr. Naresh Kumar Vats (Chief Editor-JOURNAL ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW REVIEW (JIPLR) Publication Committee. The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
Authors shall be required to submit an author profile, post submission of 200 words before their contribution can be considered for publication.
The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation in the covering letter for the submission.
Footnotes must conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation Manual (SILC), Rules of legal citation (Latest edition attached)
Copyright of all entries shall exclusively vest with NLUJA, ASSAM. The submission would imply that the author has assigned such rights to NLUJA, ASSAM.
All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed by November 30, 2016. We are exploring the possibility of organizing a writers’ workshop if we receive a sufficient number of quality submissions. Please note that we will make the final selection of contributions on the basis of comments received from external reviewers. We will expect the selected contributors to incorporate this feedback. We aim to publish this issue in Dec 2016. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to each contributor.
The Last date for the submission: November 20, 2016
Chief Patron: Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court
Patron: Prof. (Dr.) J.S. Patil, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Chief Editor: Dr. Naresh Kumar Vats, Associate Professor of Law & Head-CIPRS
Dr. Topi Basar, Associate Professor of Law
Dr. Himanshu Pandey, Associate Professor of Law
Mr. Sachin Sharma, Assistant Professor of Law
Mr. Dinesh Dayma, Assistant Professor of Law