The National Law University, Delhi in association with University of Warwick, U.K. is organizing a two day workshop on the theme ‘Critical Theory and Criminal Justice’ on 06-07 April 2016. The workshop will focus on the following topics:
1. Critical realism, critical theory and criminal justice
2. Historical and comparative analysis of criminal justice
3. Relationship between historical and ethical critique of criminal justice
4. Violence and the criminal law: violence and gender, collective violence, state violence
5. Criminal justice: can it be dialogic?
6. Criminal justice as repression, repetition or change
7. Criminal justice, love and emancipation
This workshop will be conducted by U.K. scholars namely, Professor Alan Norrie, University of Warwick; Dr Henrique Carvalho, University of Warwick; and Dr. Craig Reeves from Birkbeck, London.
This workshop is open only to senior academicians. The participation in the workshop is purely on invitation basis and on the selection of paper. Those interested to contribute a paper may kindly submit the synopsis (at least 1000 words) latest by 31st December 2016. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by 20th January 2017 and they will be required to submit the full paper latest by 15th February 2017 along with the Registration Fee.
The queries regarding this event may be addressed to the Registrar, NLU Delhi at the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Participants: Rs. 3000/- (to be paid at the time of submission of full paper)
Outstation Participants: Rs 5000/-. The accommodation will be made available on request depending upon the availability of rooms (to be paid at the time of submission of full paper)
No T.A/DA will be paid for participation in the workshop.