The Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) provides hands-on service opportunities for global young business and development leaders at Africa’s leading profit and nonprofit firms. The program is designed to match financial capital invested in emerging African businesses with the human capital needed to take these institutions to scale.
Who are Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program Fellows?
Fellows come to the EIFP with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. However, all fellows are required to have an undergraduate degree, a commitment to excellence, and be fluent in English. Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- Early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above.
While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more;
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Direct exposure to emerging markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential consulting, employment and seed capital investment after fellowship
- Access to the global LDI Africa network
- October 7, 2016: Applications open
- November 30, 2016: Applications close
- December 1, 2016 – December 5, 2015: LDI Africa conducts preliminary applicant interviews
- January 11, 2017 – January 23, 2017: Host organizations are sent shortlisted applicants
- January 26, 2017 – February 1, 2017: Host organizations interview shortlisted applicants
- February 10, 2017: Host organizations return signed contracts of selected Fellows
- February 10, 2017 – February 22, 2017 : Fellows secure travel, insurance, and visas
- February 21, 2017 – February 22, 2017 : Host organizations orientation
- February 23, 2017 – February 24, 2017: Fellow orientation
- March 1, 2017: Fellows on the ground/begin their assignments
Apply to the Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program HERE or copy and paste the link below:
We recommend using Google Chrome browser to complete the application form
Feel free to contact us, if you have questions about the application at email@example.com
Please click here for frequently asked questions