SOAS, University of London, is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the University of London.
Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If their offer is conditional on English, please arrange their English test and ensure they meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time masters and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered to study MA Languages and Cultures of South Asia (1 year full-time) or MA South Asian Area Studies (1 year full-time).
Scholarship Award: The total value of the Bishwa Bangla scholarships for the year 2017-18 is £32,874 (PhD) and £35,111 (masters). The Masters scholarships are for one year only. The duration of the PhD scholarship is 4 years subject to satisfactory progress. The normal duration of a full-time student’s registration for a research degree is three years followed by a fourth or writing up year.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Must be ordinarily resident in West Bengal, India
- Must be eligible to pay fees at the overseas rate
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes or any full-time PhD programme by the scholarship application deadline, 17:00 (UK local time) on 22 February 2017.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Nationality: Bishwa Bangla Scholarships are applicants who are ordinarily resident in the State of West Bengal, India.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If their offer is conditional on English, please arrange their English test and ensure they meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for this scholarship, students must also submit a complete online application to their programme. Students must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for their programme
Applicants must submit a complete on-line application for admission. Masters applicants may apply here. PhD applicants may apply here.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, a personal statement. PhD applicants will also need a research proposal The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK local time) on 22 February 2017.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form, which will be available here on 24 January 2017.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 22, 2017.