British Council is offering an open online course to Explore English: Shakespeare. This six-week course is for people who are learning English and interested in the language and legacy of William Shakespeare.
The overall objective of this course is to improve English language skills by looking at the life and works of William Shakespeare and his enduring popularity. The course will start on February 27, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Exploring English: Shakespeare
Institution: British Council and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on February 27, 2017.
British Council and FutureLearn are providing this online course in the English language. The British Council’s high profile work in English, the Arts and Education & Society helps hundreds of millions of people worldwide to learn about and experience creativity and excellence from the UK. Millions of talented people of all ages – but particularly younger people – engage face-to-face and online learning English, developing new skills, experiencing life and study in the UK and earning UK qualifications.
FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
About This Course
This free online course will look at the life and works of William Shakespeare and take you from his Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon to the Globe Theatre in London, from where he secured his central place in English literature.
University will look at five of Shakespeare’s plays with the help of actors and experts from around the world. They will explain and explore the universal themes Shakespeare addressed in his work. The plays are Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Much Ado About Nothing, The Tempest and Macbeth.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Applicants will improve English language skills by looking at the life and works of William Shakespeare and his enduring popularity.
- This course is for people who are learning English and interested in the language and legacy of William Shakespeare.
- The material is designed for non-native English speakers who have studied English to around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR).
He has been working in English language teaching for over twenty years in Europe and Africa, teaching a wide range of classes to everyone from 5 years old and up!
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, they will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on their My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).
For more information, click here http://scholarship-positions.com/british-council-free-online-course-explore-english/2016/06/09/