CLPR is looking to recruit an advocate to join its office in Bangalore. CLPR is involved in constitutional litigation and lawyering in the public interest on a variety of legal issues such as disability rights, social rights violations including the right to education, health and livelihood, consumer rights, environment and biodiversity, the rights of children and women’s rights among others.
Primary Job Functions:
- Litigates cases under supervision of senior CLPR advocates;
- Develop new cases in consultation with Directors of CLPR
- Respond to requests for legal assistance;
- Represents CLPR in various forums, including before community groups, legislators and state agencies;
- Do research on issues that the Centre is working on, for blogs, op-eds or peer reviewed academic journals.
Qualifications – Education and Related Work Experience:
- A B.A.LL.B degree from a reputed university. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Strong academic background;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creativity and a demonstrated willingness to take calculated risks in crafting and executing strategies;
- Initiative, vision, and a strong commitment to the struggle for social justice;
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and have fun in a high-energy, fast paced work environment
Please submit the following documents as one attachment: a cover letter, resume, one writing sample and two references to: email@example.com
CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, caste, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or marital status.
Visit http://clpr.org.in/about-us/work-with-us/ for more information.