National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru we are pleased to inform you that, Environmental Law Centre at NLSIU is organizing One Day National Workshop on “ Law and Management of Electronic waste in India Issues & Challenges” under the University Grant Commission- MRP Project on 27 January, [Friday].
Aim and Purpose of the Workshop:
To Draft a comprehensive Law manual for stakeholders, administrators and Policymakers dealing with e-waste
Waste Management, especially e-waste is now seen as part of the comprehensive global concern for sustainability. Waste management is also seen as an issue of good governance, which is supposed to be comprised of transparency, effectiveness, openness, responsiveness and accountability. The MoEF has notified the new E-waste Rules of 2016 with an attempt for stricter enforcement and imposing penalty. Yet, the challenges of management and handling of e-waste continues.
The workshop attempts to:
- Acquaint with the current development of law and emerging trends in the field of e-waste.
- to study, scrutinize and critique the existing systems of law and governance at domestic
- to identify gaps in the translation and legal application of prevention, precaution, recycle
- to make policy intervention to strengthen legal and enforcement capacities of law makers
and enforcers, to enable and facilitate compliance with regulation
- to contribute to the jurisprudence of the subject.
For any queries email may be sent to
For more details regarding the Workshop, please review the brochure attached below.
Dr. Sairam Bhat
Associate Professor of Law
Coordinator-Centre for Environmental Law, Education, Research and Advocacy [CEERA]
National Law School of India University