The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to enrich their knowledge with practical experience of working in the field of public international law.
The Institute is currently offering a full-time internship for a period of six months, starting 20 February 2017, for a recently graduated or an advanced law student specialising in public international law, with a focus on international criminal law, and counter-terrorism and human rights.
• Maintain the International Crimes Database (www.internationalcrimesdatabase.org): ensure that the website is regularly updated, including drafting daily news items on international crimes;
• Summarise and analyse domestic case law involving foreign (terrorist) fighters;
• Provide ad hoc research assistance to the researchers of the Research Department;
• Help with the logistics of our events and the subsequent drafting of reports.
A small stipend (€ 300 to € 450 a month, depending on level of education) will be offered to the successful applicant.
Interested candidates should have:
• A demonstrable interest and an academic background in public international law;
• A particular knowledge of international criminal law and/or counter-terrorism;
• Strong legal analysis and writing skills;
• Flexibility, motivation and the capacity to work independently;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Attention to detail;
• Good computer skills.
Additionally, the following are considered an asset:
• Knowledge of other languages, preferably Dutch;
• Experience in managing websites and/or databases.
How to apply:
Applications should include the following: (1) a short letter of motivation, highlighting why the applicant is specifically qualified for this internship; (2) a CV, and (3) a writing sample. Applications should be sent by email email@example.com at the latest by 14 February 2017, indicating “Application internship ICD – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line. Applications received after the deadline or not complying with the requirements will not be considered.
The selected applicants will be invited for interviews which will take place on 16 and 17 February. The envisaged start date is 20 February 2017.
for more visit website: http://www.asser.nl/about-the-institute/jobs-opportunities/call-for-intern-public-international-law-international-criminal-law/