Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Parliament of India invites application for 25 Internship Position for a duration of three months and 25 Internship Position for a duration of one month from Indian graduates and post-graduates for Lok Sabha Internship Programme 2017. The internship programme in the Lok Sabha Secretariat provides an opportunity to young students having outstanding academic record in disciplines such as social sciences, languages, environmental studies, law, journalism, finance, management, business studies, commerce, etc to acquaint themselves with parliamentary proceedings and working of lower house.
During 3 months tenure, each intern will get an opportunity to interact with senior parliamentarian and parliamentary officials and gain a thorough knowledge of the parliamentary system in India. Besides this, visits to chambers of houses of parliament to witness parliament working, meeting with distinguished persons, visit to relevant institutions and agencies, week-long study tour, sightseeing programme, visit to museums and places of historical importance are also included in the curriculum to make the programme enjoyable and more interesting.
Eligibility criteria for 3 months Lok Sabha Internship Programme:
- Age: The Internship shall be open to all Indian citizens between 21 and 30 years of age as on 30 June 2017
- The applicant should have an outstanding academic record in disciplines such as social sciences, languages, environmental studies, law, journalism, finance, management, business studies, commerce, etc.
- Science and Engineering students pursuing their degree in environmental related study may also be considered for internship
- The applicant should have completed two-year Post-Graduate Degree course
- In exceptional cases, the internship committee may also allow students who are pursuing doctoral study to undergo internship
Eligibility criteria for one month Lok Sabha Internship Programme:
- Age: The students applying for one-month internship programme should not be less than 18 years of age and more than 28 years as on 30th June 2017
- The student should be pursuing graduation/post graduation in disciplines such as social sciences, languages, environmental studies, law, journalism, finance, management, business studies, commerce, etc.
- Engineering/Science students pursuing studies in environmental related subjects may also be considered for the internship programme.
Please Note: For both types of internship programme the applicants are required to submit the following:
(i) A ‘Recommendation Letter’ signed by the Principal of the College or The Head of the Institution in which he/she is undergoing his/her studies
(ii) A brief statement in 250 words stating why he/she intends to join the internship programme; his/her career goals; and how the internship will help him/her in achieving those goals.
(iii) A permission letter signed by competent authority of the concerned educational institution that the students joining the Lok Sabha Internship Programme will not hamper his/her studies/will not cause any loss to such institution in any way
(iv)There will be reservation for students belonging to SC, ST, OBC & Divyang categories. However, such students will have to submit requisite certificate issued by competent authority in support of their claim.
- The submission of online application for Lok Sabha Internship Programme commences from 5th April 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
- The submission of online application closes on 26th April 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Scholarship Amount Details
Lok Sabha Internship Programme offers stipend and other facilities in the following way:
For 3 months internship programme:
- Stipend of Rs.20,000 per month
- A sum of Rs.10,000/- for purchasing stationery & typing expenses
- Certificate issued by the Lok sabha Secretariat on successful completion of 3 months internship programme
For one-month internship programme:
- Stipend of Rs.25,000 per month (Rs.20,000/- as stipend & Rs.5000/- for purchasing stationery items and typing expenses)
- Certificate issued by the Lok sabha Secretariat on successful completion of one-month internship programme
Mode of application: online
- Interested students may click on the apply link of the site to access the online application for Parliamentary Internship Programme
- The applicant need to upload following scanned documents at the time of filling application:
(a) Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
(b)Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
(c)Scanned copy of Caste Certificate (if you do not belong to General Category) (PDF-less than 5MB)
(d)Scanned copy of Letter of Recommendation (PDF-less than 5MB)
(e)Scanned Copy of Statement of Purpose (PDF-less than 5MB)
(f)Scanned Copy of Age Proof Certificate (PDF-less than 5MB)
- Once all the documents are uploaded click on “Save Draft” button to avoid any data loss. Before clicking on the “Submit” button, please check all the details carefully because application once submitted can’t be edited or modified later. After you submit application for one course you can you can apply for another internship programme
Bureau of Parliamentary Studies and Training
‘G’ Block, Parliament Library Building,
Pandit Pant Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Smt. Alpana Tripathi, Director (BPST)