About the Competition:-
The competition is an initiative of Sadvidya to increase awareness about the various issues which the marginalized sections of the society face. To let the young minds of this country contemplate over the issues and suggest a solution to bring a change in the society.
Themes and Issues :-
Students can write on any of the following themes:
Ø Right to Education
Ø Right to Information
Ø Discrimination against Disabled person
Ø Hunger and Malnutrition
Ø Illegal Migration
Open for all students enrolled in any undergraduate or post-graduate program. Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
Only original essays will be considered for the competition.
No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
Guidelines for Submissions :-
- The Essay of should be 3000 – 4000 words excluding footnotes.
- Following Formatting Guidelines should be followed:
Ø Font Type and size: Times New Roman, 12
Ø Size for footnotes: 10
Ø Line Spacing: 1.5
Ø Uniform Method of Citation should be followed throughout the essay
- Essay should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th July 2017 by 11:59 pm.
- The subject of the mail should be “Title of the essay Name of the Participant(s)”.
- Essay should contain a cover page with the following details- (a) Name of the Participant(s). (b) Name of the University/Institution/College. (c) Title of the Essay (d) Contact Number. (e) E-mail Id.
- Registration: last date of Registration June 15 2017
- Registration fees: last date for payment of fees June 20 2017
- Submission Date: The essays must be submitted on or before 5th July 2017 by 11:59PM
- Results Date: 20th July 2017
You can register for the competition by logging to the website and clicking on Register Now.
Participants are requested to pay the registration fees only after the confirmation mail sent by the SADVIDYA Team. If any participant pays without the confirmation mail, SADVIDYA or any member associated with it will bear no liability against the participant.
A registration fee of Rs.100 is to be paid for every submission made.
• Fees can be deposited directly into bank account by various means or cash payment to our campus Representatives. • Account Details: Account No. 47010100001624 IFSC code: BARB0DUDGAO • PAYTM – Make payment via transfer @9437705584 and mail them the screenshot
Prizes: Cash prizes & Publication :-
• 1st Prize – INR 2500 + Certificate
• 2nd Prize – INR 1500 + Certificate
• 3rd Prize – INR 750 + Certificate
Top 10 entries will be published on website. A certificate of participation shall be emailed to all the participants. Top 5 entries will receive hard copy of certificates.
For any queries, please contact
Priyam Jain (Convenor) +91 9437705584
For more details please click here sadvidya.org.in