You are invited to give a talk on an aspect of women’s studies, or you may wish to attend as an observer or panel member. If you would like to present a paper, you will be requested to submit a brief abstract for review by the Programme Committee. Papers presented will be subsequently peer reviewed by external readers for possible inclusion in Symposium books or as sponsored journal articles.
|Conference date :-||2th to 4th August,2017.|
Below are topics of particular interest; however papers may include other women’s issues as well.
- Gender and History
- Women’s Leadership Development
- Women in the University: Benefits and Barriers
- Market Limitations on Women’s Careers
- Glass Ceilings in the Workplace
- Economics of Gender
- Women at Work: Women Executives and Company Boards
- Women and Social Justice: A Dilemma
- Women in the Military: Motherhood, War and Veterans
- Politics of Gender in Transnational Contexts
- Gender and the Environment
- Womens Health
- Feminist Biology
- The Future of Feminism
- Culture and Women’s Progress
- Reproductive Politics
- Women’s Education and Population Growth
- Women’s Health, Politics and the Child
- Women’s Rights and the Law
- Women and Media Studies.
Papers and presentations regarding the above areas are of particular interest to the conference. However, these suggested areas of research and writing are not meant to be limitations and the conference programme is open to all substantive areas of formal and informal research into the rewards and challenges of leadership for women. Investigators may present papers documenting relevant activities, pilot studies, feasibility studies or developmental work. “Structured presentations,” by definition, must convey viewpoints supported by a framework of literature essential to the matter under discussion.
Abstract Submissions :-
August Meeting Deadline – 17 July 2017.
December Meeting Deadline – 10 November 2017.
Abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning April 1, 2017. As presentation slots fill up, early submissions are encouraged.
Abtract submission link :- http://www.oxford-womens-leadership-symposium.com/abstract-submissions/
For more information :- http://www.oxford-womens-leadership-symposium.com/