African citizens between the age of 18-25 are invited to submit an essay for this year’s Leadership Essay Contest organised by the Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (UONGOZI Institute).
The essay contest aims to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership.
- The contest is open to all African citizens between the age of 18 – 25 years old, to write about their perspective on leadership as it relates to peace and security in Africa. The essays should respond to the following question:
- “If you were a leader, what would you do to ensure that peace and security is achieved and sustained in Africa?”
- The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to the contest theme.
- All essays must be written in English.
A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner of the essay contest. A total of five winners will be selected. Cash prizes will also be awarded to the second to fifth place winners.
The top 5 winners will travel to Johannesburg, South Africa, to receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the Africa Leadership Forum Dinner Gala on 24 August, 2017, which will be attended by senior leaders from across Africa in the public, private and civil society sectors. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18-25 currently residing in Africa.
The selected winners will be required to travel to Johannesburg on 23 August, 2017, therefore valid identification and travel documents will be required for this purpose.
Eligible Regions: African Citizens.
- Essays should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must also submit a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
- The final deadline for submission will be Tuesday, July 14, 2017 (5pm GMT). The top five finalists will be notified via email by the first week of August. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017 (23 Days Remaining)
For more information :-http://uongozi.or.tz/news/leadership-essay-competition-2017/