The 1st International Youth Summit in Lahore is a week long summit from 6 – 12 November 2017 in Lahore, Pakistan and aims to be a reset with youth-based events in one key fundamental aspect: attitude! Youth events, worldwide, have become a stage for the youth to complain about its non-inclusive status (not children and not adults) and to reinforce a certain sense of social alienation and of being special. We are all special because we are alive! Being younger or elder as little, or nothing, to do with it.
- Awake! To make our delegates acquainted with the key issues that influence their lives as a youth. We aim for deep, cross-sectional, dialogue. We intend to convey knowledge to our delegates and we are certain that we can raise that awareness for the pressing issues of the day.
- Activate! More than talking we want also our delegates doing. Our panels are designed to convey concepts and ideas but also to ignite the spark, that characterizes youngsters, and to catalyze positive actions during and after the Summit.
- Integrate! We aim to be one of the very first conferences to break this idea of youth vs. society. Only with youth inside society, it is possible to reach sustainable solutions for the contemporary tasks that we have to deal with. Youth can only reach full potential inside society and not outside or against it.
- Young activists, professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a part of the summit. The call is open to participants from around the world.
- Age Limit: 18 – 35 (Flexibility regarding the age limit will be decided on a case by case basis by the Organizing Committee)
- Command of English – You do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the IYSL is conducted in English so basic understanding or oral and written English is required.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
To be a part of the Summit the delegates have to apply by filling out the summit application form. Apart from the applications IYSL allows organizations and individuals to nominate young people with extraordinary achievements, to become Delegates, Workshop Facilitators and/or Speakers, in the fields falling under the themes of the summit i.e. Peace, Education and Sustainable Development.
Nominations are accepted in the following categories (Nominate the relevant person for the most fitting category. A person can only be nominated in one category)
2) Workshop Facilitator
Fees: The conference has no Fee. Food, Accommodation, and Local transport are covered by the organizers. Delegates are responsible for their airfare to and from Pakistan.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017
For further information :- https://iysl.csrp.org.pk/application/