Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in collaboration with United States Embassy in India has launched the 1st Antipiracy Film making competition for students of Northern India on 9th August, 2017. The main objective of this unique initiative is to promote Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and to build a strong IP ecosystem in North India.
The theme of the competition is to “Respect Copyrights, Steer Clear of Piracy”.
The impact and consequences of counterfeiting and piracy are far-reaching. Not only does it infringe on intellectual property rights, these goods also pose direct threat to consumer health and safety. They promote unfair competition and revenue losses for national governments in terms of reduced taxes and the business community holding IPR. In order to build a strong IP ecosystem in the states of India, CII every year organizes Orientation/Interactive sessions with Custom/Police official on “Intellectual Property Rights with special focus on Counterfeiting & Piracy – Enforcement Issues”.
The following are the criteria for participating in the competition:-
- Films can be of live action, documentary, interviews, and animation. The content must be completely original and owned by the contestant.
- The entry is limited to one per entrant. If additional entries are submitted only the first entry will be eligible.
- The participant needs to fulfil the age limit (18-25 years) and Geographical limit.
- Playing time of the film cannot be more than one minute.
- The participant needs to submit the original document such as (Pan Card or Voter ID card) needs to get a photocopy of it.
- The video should be clear in all aspects in pictures, lighting, sound etc.
- Film which offers a solution for the piracy problem will get more marks.
The applicants can submit the entries through we transfer /U-send it/Google drive /Pen drive or CD/DVD before 30th September 2017. After successful review by the eminent Juries top (three) winners will be notified and awarded during an event organized by the U.S. Embassy, New Delhi.
Kindly find the registration link as follows http://ciitechknow.com/IPR/registration-form.html to apply.
For registration :-Registeration Form