GNLU in association with Indian Society of Criminology is organising 40th All India Criminology Conference on “Dimensions of Crime and Criminal Justice System: Contemporary Issues and Challenges” scheduled for 19-21 January 2018 at GNLU.
About the Conference
This Conference is aimed at creating a platform for a scholarly deliberation and development of ideas on Contemporary Issues and Challenges in the area of Crime, Development and Criminal Justice System.
The conference will bring together Educators, Researchers, Academicians and Practitioners in the area of Crime, Criminal Justice Policies, Social Sciences, Members from Judiciary, Police, Prison, Policy Makers, Members from Civil Society and NGOs scholars from Security Industries and Students to explore and discuss opportunities and foster debate among participants from all over India. Through your participation, you can help developing issues to be explored further by the project and be fed into the policy debate.
The Conference will deliberate on the following contemporary themes (including but not limited to);
· Crime and Development: Economic Offences, Organized Crimes, Terrorism, Media and Crime.
· Crime, Technology and Law: Issues and Challenges in the Investigation of Cyber Crimes, Social Media and Crimes, Application of Technology in Criminal Justice Administration.
· Hate Crimes: Caste Conflicts, Communal Violence, Ethnic Violence, Crimes against Scheduled Tribes, Crimes against LGBT, Religion as a regulatory role, Hate Speech.
· Criminal Justice Policies: Police, Judiciary and other law enforcement agencies, Juvenile Justice and Criminal Justice Reforms.
· Prison Reforms: Young offenders, Borstal Schools and other Correctional Programmes, Prisoners’ Rights, Community Based Treatment of Offenders including Probation, Parole, Community Services, Prison Industries, After Care Programmes, Community Participation, other alternative dispute resolution methods and other Restorative Justice Approaches.
· Victim Jurisprudence: Victims of Abuse of Power, Women, Child, and Elderly, Environmental crimes, Reporting Behavior of Victims.
The participants are requested to submit an abstract of a maximum 300 words in Microsoft Word document, Font style – (Italicized) Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, line spacing – Single. The abstract may include keywords (maximum: four). The abstract must include a clear indication of the objectives, methodology, major results, implications, and key references. All abstracts will be subject to blind review and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected to submit their
complete paper for the presentation. The criteria for evaluation by the reviewers are based on Relevance, Methodology and Originality.
Participants willing to submit abstracts must the Abstract Submission Form (https://goo.gl/forms/NSEkoSBSscsduRZI2)
and submit the abstract in .doc/.docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Abstract Submission” by 11:59 PM, 31st October 2017. Author details must also be mentioned in the body of the email. Author(s) must refrain from reveal-
ing their identity in any form in the abstract. Authors whose abstracts are selected will be intimated of the same by 10th November, 2017.
The authors whose abstracts are selected have to pay the registration fees by 10th December, 2017 (for details about registration and fees refer to “REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS”. The soft copy of the research paper must be submitted in .doc/.docx and .pdf format to email@example.com by 11:59 PM, 10th December 2017 with the subject “Research Paper Submission”.
The body of email should contain the following details:
• Title of paper and the relevant sub-theme:
• Name of the author(s):
• Author aliation:
• Brief bio-data of the author(s):
Authors must adhere to the following guidelines for research paper :
• Name of Author(s) or any other form of identication must not be mentioned in the Research Paper.
• Word limit: 5000 – 8000
• Font style – Times New Roman
• Font size – 12
• Line Spacing – Single
• Citation Style – OSCOLA
• Margins – 1 inch (i.e. 2.54 cm) on each side
• Paper size – A4
The important timelines are as follows.
Last Date for Abstract/Poster submission : 31st October, 2017
Communication of Abstract/Poster Acceptance : 10th November, 2017
Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees (Early Bird): 20th November, 2017
Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees for Paper & Poster: 10th December, 2017
Last Date for submitting ISC Best Research Paper Award: 31st December, 2017
Kindly find the Conference Brochure for Author Guidelines for submission of Abstract and more details.
We look forward to your scholarly contribution and encouraging participation. Kindly address all submissions and queries to the conference email id: firstname.lastname@example.org