The Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges.
The year-long professional advancement program draws on The Asia Foundation’s extensive 18-country network and deep expertise working with innovative leaders and communities across the region. The program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, involving intensive learning modules – short courses, conferences, and study tours in Asia and the U.S. – to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning program designed for highly talented Asian individuals, under age 40, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The program reflects the Foundation’s six-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders. The 2018 program will consist of two intensive modules, including two weeks in Asia and another two weeks in the United States, allowing Fellows to stay in their current occupations during the Fellowship year.
2018 Program Dates:
The 2018 program will be conducted in South Korea, Sri Lanka, and USA (San Francisco, New York, and Washington DC) with a flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
- November 20, 2017 (Monday, 11:59pm PST): Application deadline
- January 2018: Selection finalized
- April 14 – 29, 2018: South Korea – Leadership Training Program; Sri Lanka – Workshop on Asian Development
- September 16 – October 1, 2018: USA – Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise– governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2018;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
The program is highly competitive. Staff from The Asia Foundation will evaluate each application thoroughly and narrow down the pool of applicants. Final selections will be conducted by a committee of distinguished experts with expertise on Asia’s needs and development conditions.
Fellows will be chosen without regard to gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background, marital status, or financial need. All submitted application information will be treated as confidential unless stated otherwise in the application. The identities of nominees will also remain confidential throughout the final selection process.
Please direct any inquiries to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK- https://asiafoundation.org/what-we-do/asia-foundation-development-fellows/?utm_source=sclrship.com