Post-Independence, Indian Legal Education gained prominence as the rule of law became the essential doctrine for the governance of the country which believed in the constitutional philosophy of marshaling the socio-economic transformation of the society.
India has a huge challenge to confront in promoting legal and judicial reforms so as to establish and maintain a rule of law in a society.
The role of law is constantly changing in the society and consequently, the active role of lawyers, academicians, and judges becomes important to meet the future challenge.
It is time to re-look and revamp the current system of legal education to meet the demands of the market.
Therefore, in the recent times, the government and the judiciary has ushered in plenty of reforms to revamp the laws governing and regulating various sectors in the Indian Legal System.
From working on the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Codes to the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), from holding the practice of Triple Talaq illegal to give the Right to Privacy a Constitutional Protection, the Indian Judiciary along with government has adopted a progressive approach at an unusually fast but cautious pace.
In an attempt to analyze the different reforms that have taken place in various areas of law from different perspectives, Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad is organizing a National conference on Justice Education to discuss recent law reforms and various legal contemporary issues which provides the first considered discussion on the recent reforms in the country across all the fields.
SUB – THEMES
- Right to identity vis-à-vis Right to Privacy
- Alternative Disputes Resolution – Issues and Challenges in reference with the Reforms in the Indian Arbitration Laws
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in India
- Tribunalization of Justice System in India
- Indian Sports laws – Issues and Challenges
- Socio-Legal impact of Triple Talaq Judgment
- Managing the GST Eco System & the Future of Economic Growth
- Jurisdictional Conflicts between Legislature & Judiciary
- Patents and Protection of Plant Varieties and Sustainable Agriculture- Indian Perspective
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the banking sector- an analysis of Legal issues
- Technology and judicial Proceedings – Issues and Challenges
- Entry of Foreign Law Firms in India: Trends and Challenges
- Evolving Trends in Intellectual Property Laws
• Last date for full paper submission: 30th October 2017
• Last date of Registration: 28th October 2017
• Date of Conference: 10th-11th November 2017
- Professionals: Rs. 2500
- Academicians: Rs. 2000
- Research Scholars/ Students: Rs. 1500
- Participants (Non-Paper Presenters): Rs. 1000
- Registration can be done through online platform, link for the same is given here.
- Joint authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately. At least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com
- A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable), Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address,
Email Address and Contact Number must be submitted with the paper as well.
- The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.). The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with line-spacing of 1.0.
- One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
- Full paper has to be submitted in soft copy in PDF and MS Word formats with the extension .doc or .docx.
- Maximum two (02) authors are permitted in one paper. However, both authors are required to pay the individual registration fee.
• Ms. Rejitha Nair, Assistant Professor: +918401601807
• Mr. Jagjeet Vashishtha, Assistant Professor: +917600115892
• Ms. Mili Baxi: +919825717818
• Mr. Ankit Tripathi: +917355238546