ABOUT INSTITUTE OF LAW:
The Institute of Law was set up in 2007 under Nirma University with a vision to promote excellence in the field of legal education. In a short span of time, IL-NU has acquired significant prominence and is considered one of the leading legal institution of country.
Institute of Law, Nirma University is organizing the second edition of National Conference on Justice Education from 10-12 November 2017. The conference provides first considered discussion on the recent developments in law and the pedagogy that should inform the teaching of Law. The National Conference will to be a three day affair with three parallel events focusing on the recent legislative advances and need for innovation in law pedagogy to keep up with the pace these developments. The first event is a National Conference on the theme “Developing New Perspectives on Law reforms and Legal Education.” In the recent times, the government and the judiciary has ushered in plenty of legal reforms- from working on the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Codes to the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), from holding the practice of Triple Talaq illegal to giving the Right to Privacy a Constitutional Protection, the Indian Judiciary along with government has laid down laws and legal doctrines whose impact has to be looked through multiple lenses and evaluated from several standpoints. This conference aims to garner a strong academic response addressing the recent changes in legal framework. The conference is open for professors, advocates, judicial officers, researchers and postgraduate/undergraduate law students.
National Conference on Justice Education: Developing New Perspectives on Law Reforms and Legal Education
CALL FOR PAPERS
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE:
• To understand the intricacies involved in the recent legislation
• To enhance the evolving concepts in different discipline of laws
• To study jurisprudence evolved through recent judgments.
• To identify the hurdles in realizing objectives of each branch and finding mechanisms for resolution.
• In addition to disseminating thoughts and research findings, the conference is also intended to strengthen networking and collaboration among participants.
• Contours of Right to Privacy
• Reforms in Alternative Disputes Resolution
• Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in India
• Tribunalization of Justice System in India
• Indian Sports laws
• Socio-Legal impact of Triple Talaq Judgment
• Managing the GST Eco System & the Future of Economic Growth
• Tussle between Legislature & Judiciary
• Protection and Patents of Plant Varieties and Sustainable Agriculture
• Mergers and Acquisitions in banking sector
• Technology and judicial Proceedings
• Entry of Foreign Law Firms in India
• Evolving Trends in Intellectual Property Laws
All submitted conference papers will be blind peer reviewed and the research papers will be published in conference proceedings.
CERTIFICATES AND REWARDS:
All the participants shall be issued Participation Certificates. Top five Paper will be awarded and selected papers will be published in Nirma University Law Journal which is UGC recognized National Journal, indexed in Thomson Reuters, SCC online and Manupatra.
• Joint authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately. At least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
• Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com
• A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s),
Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable),
Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number must be submitted with the paper as well.
• The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.). The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
• The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0.
• One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
• Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition.
• Full paper has to be submitted in soft copy in PDF and MS Word.
• Maximum two (02) authors are permitted in one paper. However, both authors are required to pay the individual registration fee.
Professionals Rs. 2500
Academicians Rs. 2000
Research Scholars/ Students Rs. 1500
Participants (Non Paper Presenters) Rs. 1000
Registration can be done through online platform, link for the same is given below:
Link: https://in.explara.com/e/ilnu-national-conference-on-justice- education-2017
• Last date of full paper submission: 30th October, 2017
• Last date of Registration: 28th October, 2017 • Date of Conference: 10th-11th November, 2017
ACCOMMODATION, HOSPITALITY & CONVEYANCE:
No TA/DA shall be provided by the University and the participants should obtain the same from their respective institutions. Accommodation should be booked/reserved well ahead of the event. A list of recommended hotels will be available on the website. The registration fee includes registration kit, Certificate, Conference Proceeding and food for two days. The registration fee will not include accommodation and travel expenses.
The Conference will also include a roundtable discussion on “Innovation in Legal education and pedagogy” on 11th November, 2017. This roundtable seeks to offer a critical mass of thought on how to secure an understanding of major law subjects, by examining the course content that best illustrates the thought process of a lawyer, by presenting innovative approaches for securing active learning by students, and by demonstrating how various law subjects can secure worthwhile graduate attributes by introducing wider contexts. The conference proposed to bring together contributions from law professors, civil society activists, and practicing advocates who have considered issues of course design and legal pedagogy. The expert discussants may offer numerous suggestions for the design of a law course that will ensure students gain useful insights into legal profession and its role in society. Eminent academics, lawyers and activists from civil society will be invited to be a part of this event.
The institute is also hosting the “Western region consultation on legal education policy under the National education Policy 2017, Government of India”, on 12th November, 2017. The session will be Chaired by Prof N R Madhava Menon and the invitees for consultation include Vice Chancellors, Directors, and Principals of Law Universities/ Colleges from Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa.
The round table conference and the western region consultation is not open for general public and the participation is strictly by invitation, However participants of National Conference would get an opportunity to meet and interact of Stalwarts of legal fraternity under one roof.
-: Contact Person :- Faculty Convenor:
• Ms. Rejitha Nair, Assistant Professor: +918401601807
• Mr. Jagjeet Vashishtha, Assistant Professor: +917600115892
• Ms. Mili Baxi: +919825717818
• Mr. Ankit Tripathi: +917355238546
CORRESPONDING ADDRESS :-
Institute of Law, Nirma University
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 382481,
Conference e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ilnuconference