This November, Alaap is holding a five-day workshop for young leaders aged 21-25, who wish to develop their own leadership skills and work towards the conservation of the Himalaya and its communities.
The workshop is a platform for motivated young professionals to develop the skills and perspective they need to build lasting social change from the ground up, envisioning a Himalaya where nature and communities thrive in harmony.
For more details on the workshop, please go through the attached PDF. It’s a simple application process which can be completed through email or WhatsApp, based on your preference. You may address any questions to email@example.com.
Workshop dates: November 15 – 19, 2017
Workshop venue: Camp Vanvaas, Dhari block (Uttarakhand)
Leadership through Self-Exploration
This 4 day workshop is an opportunity for an aspiring social leader who wants to understand forestry challenges in rural Himalayas and explore ‘self-level’ work and ‘deep connection with nature’ as tools to develop leadership aptitude.
The workshop will include:
- Self-level work facilitated by Bhoomi College, Bangalore
- ‘One-ness with nature’ experiences, facilitated by Sunil Chauhan, Social Entrepreneur, Ecosphere, Spiti.
- Ecological challenges facing the Central Himalayan region, facilitated by Shikha Tripathi, Journalist and Sheeba Sen, Development Professional, Alaap.
- Conservation driven Enterprises, facilitated by Sunny Verma, Afforestt.
15 aspiring social leaders between the ages of 21-25 years will be selected from across India.
Send your answers in English/Hindi to questions below through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Whatsapp (8859079635). The workshop will be conducted in Hindi.
- How can Community Forests (like Van Panchayats in Uttarakhand) become a platform for social change? (Word Limit: 250)
- Pick a pressing Himalayan Issue and propose a solution for it? (Word Limit: 250)
- Why do you want to participate in this workshop? (1-minute video)
Dates: 15 to 19 November, 2017
Contribution: Rs. 5000/-
Venue: Camp Vanvaas, Dhari Block,
Alaap is a social change organisation working in areas of forest conservation and community development. Founded in 2016, we are based in village Satkhol in rural Uttarakhand in the Central Himalayan region.
Our mission is to bring back the native forests of the Himalayas. Currently we are engaging with community leaders in some 40 villages in two districts.