VI RAM MANOHAR LOHIYA PARLIAMENTARY DEBATE
FORMAT OF THE TOURNAMENT
The tournament follows a 3-on-3 Asian Parliamentary format.
A debate round has two teams with three debaters each and the Adjudicator(s). One team represents the Government (Proposition), while the other represents the Opposition. The Government team consists of the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister and the Government Whip. The Opposition team comprises the Leader of Opposition, the Deputy Leader of Opposition and the Opposition Whip. The speakers alternate between the teams. The first speech is given by the Prime Minister and the Opposition Whip delivers the last constructive speech of the House. The reply speeches which follow are given by the Opposition first and Government last. The Adjudicator(s) decide(s) at the end of the round, based on the arguments made in the debate, whether the Government has proved its case or whether the Opposition has disproved it. The team which met its burden more convincingly wins.
- The round starts with 3 motions being released, both the teams are supposed to rank the motions from 1 to 3, and the topic ranked 3rd is cancelled out. If both teams rank the same motion, then there is a coin toss.
- After a motion as been decided, a coin toss decides which team will be the Government side and which will be the side Opposition.
- The teams are then given 20 minutes preparation time, after which they present their case. The speaking time for each speaker is 7 minutes, which is broken down into 1+5+1, the first and the last minute being protected, i.e., no POIs (explained later) can be raised.
- The speakers alternate between the teams, from 1st Government to 3rd Opposition followed by Opposition Reply Speech and Government Reply Speech, which are of 4 minutes each.
In order to reserve your slot for the tournament, the team/adjudicator is required to fill in the form available at our website and an allotment list containing the number of slots awarded to each registering institute shall be released by the Organising Committee on the basis of it, after which the payment details and all other important details will be sent to the confirmed institutes/teams/adjudicators.
Registration fees per person is INR 2000
‘A’ level adjudicators who wish to avail the adjudicator subsidy will be required to send in their credentials to email@example.com latest by 16th January, 2018. The grant of Adjudicator Subsidy to any applicant shall be the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
When you register at RMPLD, you are entitled to two times meals on all three days of the tournament, accommodation for the period of the tournament and a sponsored social night.
- Early Bird Offer: Register on or before 10th January, 2018 to avail a discount** of Rs. 200.
- ‘The Regulars’ Offer: If you have attended two editions (because you love it here, Of course), you shall be considered a ‘regular’ at RMLPD and are eligible to avail a special discount** of Rs. 200.
The Refund Policy-
The registration amount shall not be refunded. However, in case of unavoidable circumstances* teams from the same institution shall be given a registration fee waiver in the subsequent edition to the tune of registration amount already paid by the team in the current edition.
- Registrations open! : 18th December
- Release of allotment list : 8th January
- Early bird offer ends : 10th January
- Last date to submit applications for adjudicator subsidy : 16th January
- Release of list of participants selected for availing adjudicator subsidy : 1st February
- Last date for payment to lock in your slot : 2nd February
- Samprathi Gowda +91- 8052404422
- Shivali Singh +91- 8840246857
- Aakriti Dwivedi +91- 8188042476
- Sanyukta Srivastav +91- 9161682545