Venue: Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Ahmedabad, India
Date: February 26-27, 2018
The workshop will be deeply-interactive and will include short presentations by experienced researchers, panel discussion, activities, and group discussions to reflect on readings and activities. Topics to be covered:
- Why ethical and socially responsible research? How reflexive research methods can facilitate ethical research
- How power, identity, and positionality manifest in field research
- What mediating strategies can be deployed towards reflexive/ethical research?
Selection of Participants:
Up to 15 participants will be selected based on suitability of their project/program and interests for the workshop. PhD students in any of the social sciences currently enrolled in an Indian university who are initiating or in the midst of primary data collection through fieldwork may apply. Participants must have completed at least one course in research methods and/or attended a research methods workshop.
Interested candidates, please submit the following:
1. A letter from the Supervisor or head of department confirming the stage of your PhD research and details of attendance of research methods course/workshop
- Working title of your research
- Which institution/university are you enrolled at?
- Objective/Question (What is your research focus?)
- Methodology (How do you plan to approach and execute this research?)
- What kind of data/ information do you plan to use?
- Respondents (Who will you gather information from?)
- Research location (Where will the research be carried out?)
- Time line of your research plan (When?)
- What ethical issues are you likely to encounter in the course of your research?
- Provide four keywords that explain your research, one of which could be geographical
Application with attachments should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February, 2018.
Selected participants will be contacted by 15 February 2017. Outstation participants are expected to pay for their travel costs to Ahmedabad. Accommodation, food and study materials for the two days will be provided by the organisers.
For further information Click Here