Legacy Policy Specialist
Are you an experienced Legacy Giving or Policy professional?
We are looking for an engaging individual to…
- Work closely with the Head of Legacy Professional Partnerships to develop the strategic objectives on policy issues related to the Legacy giving environment
- Use specialist policy and research expertise to develop evidence-based and timely policy positions on issues related to the Legacy Giving environment
- Build and manage strong relationships across the organisation; providing expert knowledge and advice
- Identify, build, develop and leverage external relationships with key bodies and individuals, who can have impact in the Legacy Giving environment
- Proactively champion issues identified as being a priority in achieving against our ambitious Legacies strategy and five-year plans
- Devise an ‘end to end’ approach to the strategy that enables all significant stages in the Legacy Giving process to be leveraged
Our science holds the solution. At Cancer Research UK, our pioneering research has helped double survival rates in the last 40 years. We’re smart, brave and ambitious individuals united by our relentless pursuit of beating cancer sooner.Now we need a Legacy Policy Specialist to identify, research and build first-class professional partnerships and relationships with relevant Policy Makers and external bodies; influencing these key relationships to support us in achieving our ambitious and stretching income targets of over £190m per year.
You can help us beat cancer sooner through your…
- Understanding of the Legacy Giving environment
- Thorough understanding of policy analysis and development
- Ability to influence changes to policy, working with internal and external stakeholders
- Good understanding of the UK nations’ political processes
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills, with the ability to quickly get buy in and work collaboratively
- Ability to manage a broad portfolio of work, including project managing other team members where necessary
Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets, which means you’ll have good attention to detail, a methodical approach, and the ability to consistently deliver high-quality outputs. You’ll also be skilled at identifying and solving a range of problems with minimal guidance; using innovative techniques or new approaches.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Salary: £38,000 – £46,000 plus London allowance of £3,750
For the full job profile, please click on the link below:
For the candidate pack, please click on the link below:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter as one document.
Closing Date: Ongoing
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.