Call for Papers: PARUL LAW JOURNAL, Volume 1, Issue 1
Submit on or before 20/4/2018
PARUL LAW JOURNAL is peer reviewed online Bi-Annual journal focusing in the area of legal studies. A legal study is an interdisciplinary liberal art that engages the meanings, values, practices and institutions of law and legality. It examines how law shapes and is shaped by political, economic and cultural forces. It stimulates critical understanding and inquiry about the theoretical framework, historical dynamics and cultural embededness of law.
PARUL LAW JOURNAL aims at institutionalizing and channelizing the analytical and incisive art towards value addition and developing inherent potential of legal fraternity. Quality research papers from professionals, scholars and students are invited.
NATURE OF CONTRIBUTION
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of research which author seeks to highlight. An article should be between 4000-8000 words.
- Essay: Essay is advised to be more concise than article, in term of scope & conceptualization. An essay should be between 2500-4000 words.
- Book Review:A relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. Word limit for book review would be between 1500-2000 words.
- Case Comments: Author may decide to critique any recent landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for case comment should be between 1000-2000 words.
NOTE – Word limit inclusive of footnotes
- Abstract – Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words describing the relevant conclusion drawn in the manuscript. Please provide 4 to 6 keywords which can be used for indexing purposes.
- Profile – A short professional profile of author(s) to be send containing the name of the author(s), institutional affiliation and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address and the phone number.
- Authorship – Co-authorship up to two co-author is allowed. Corresponding author must be mentioned as number one in the serial order stated in short professional profile.
- Citation Format – The citation format to be used is Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC). Available at http://www.silcmanual.org/index.html
- Formatting – Font Times New Roman, at 12 point (footnote 10 point) font size and with 1.5 line spacing and 1 for footnote. Page size A4 with left margin as 1.5 inch and 1 inch on top bottom and right side of page.
- Originality – It should be original work of author(s), should not have been published elsewhere nor should have been submitted for publishing on the date of submission.
- Plagiarism – ‘Plagiarism’ means failure to acknowledge ideas and phrases from another source. Such source is not limited to published text. If manuscript found plagiarized it will rejected and won’t be eligible to get published.
- Copyright – The copyright of the published article is deemed to be assigned to the Faculty of Law, Parul University, Vadodara, Gujarat. However, for non- commercial purpose the use of published material with proper acknowledgement is not prohibited. Author would be required to submit duly signed scanned copy of copyright form before publication of manuscript.
- Submission – All manuscripts are to be mailed at email@example.com with subject “PLJ Author’s Name 2018 Vol. 1 Issue 1” and attachments with the title of the article as the file name. The manuscripts should be submitted online in MS Word format (doc. or docx format) only, PDF Files not allowed.
- Publication Charges – There is no publication charge.
- Important Dates
|Issue||Issue 1||Issue 2|
|Last date of submission||20.04.2018||20.10.2018|
Editorial Ethic Policy
Declaration & Copyright Transfer Form for Parul Law Journal
NOTE – Paper received after due date shall be consider for publication in the next issue.
Contact: For further queries, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.