Call for Papers: Second Nepal Conference on Restorative Justice 2018
Building on the transformative experience from the inaugural 2017 conference on restorative justice, Nepal Institute of Justice is pleased to announce calls for presentations for its second edition for 2018. The theme of 2018 edition is “Building Restorative Justice Systems” and will be held in Kathmandu (Nepal) from November 24-25, 2018.
The Second Nepal Conference on Restorative Justice aims to bring together practitioners and scholars working in the field of restorative justice (and allied areas) to discuss and explore ways to mainstream restorative justice principles in our respective justice systems. It will also explore whether and how we should build pathways for a wider (regional or global) movement of restorative justice.
We welcome panels and papers for the conference mainly, but not limited to, in the following areas:
- Mainstreaming restorative justice
- Criminal justice, juvenile justice, prison reform/abolition
- Transitional justice, historical dialogues, conflict transformation
- Applying restorative justice to solve pressing issues of the day
- Domestic violence, sexual abuse
- Violent extremism, radicalization
- Restorative justice as a (global) movement
- Strategizing and building partnerships across spaces
- Potentials and challenges
- Please submit an abstract of your papers or panels (up to 300 words) along with your brief bio to our email (email@example.com) by June 30, 2018.