The EUROPARC Federation and the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung F.V.S., will award three Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to promising young conservationists, who are committed to working for the benefit of Protected Areas.
The aim of the scholarships is to enhance international cooperation and to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of Protected Area management. The scholarship will cover your travel costs to one or more protected areas in Europe. Visiting different countries enables you to gather new perspectives and deepen your subject of study! There are 4 categories available:
- Biodiversity and climate change – impacts and challenges for Protected Areas
- Sustainable development in protected areas – social and economic benefits for all
- Opportunities for health and well-being in protected areas
- Parks for people: strategies to involve people in protected areas
- A scholarship of 3000€ to undertake a study tour in 1 or more protected area in Europe (by protected area we mean all legally protected natural landscapes, such as national, natural and regional parks; biosphere reserves; marine protected areas; agricultural parks; periurban parks; Ramsar sites; Natura 2000 sites, etc).
- The chance to connect and learn from professionals working in Protected Areas
- Deepen your topic of study and get inspiration for your work, either at academic level or in your protected area
- Be awarded at the EUROPARC Conference 2018 in September, in the Cairngorms National Park (Scotland, UK)
- Get visibility of your study across the biggest network of protected area professionals
The call is open to all young professionals studying or working on topics related to Protected Areas in Europe.
- candidates must be under 35 by the time of application
- have a European nationality (includes all countries within the European continent)
- Candidates can either:
- be employed by a Protected Area Administration, National Agency or nature conservation organisation;
- be a student or a recently graduated student in a relevant field.
Eligible Regions: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbeijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herezgovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
To apply, candidates must submit:
- Application form – that includes your motivation letter, the proposed programme of your study visit and contact details of protected areas you want to visit
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages) – EU format (Europass)
- Letter of reference
- Proof of enrollment into a University Programme, copy of the Diploma, or proof of employment
Application Deadline: May 12, 2018