CALL FOR APPLICATIONS : INTERN POSITION AT Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific(ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS).
The Environment and Development Division, Sustainable Urban Development Section internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months.
DUTY STATION : BANGKOK.
DEADLINE : 31 July, 2018.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide succinct analysis of current and emerging issues and trends of urban development processes in the Asia-Pacific region
- Conduct research and identify case studies on urban policies and programmes and their impact on inclusive, sustainable and resilient development in the Asia-Pacific region
- Assist with various tasks linked to organizational and substantive dimensions of programme and project implementation
- If applicable, provide support to organize and conduct meetings relevant to the work of the section, including the drafting of documents, preparation for and backstopping of meetings, and follow-up activities
- Participate in day-to-day operational tasks of the Section, such as servicing requests for information, support for developing presentations, updating of web pages on the section’s work etc.
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies and identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date
- List of IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- List of top three areas of interest/department preferences
- Explanation why you are the best candidate for that specific department(s)
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
- In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, IT skills, and three references.
Should there be a need for an intern that matches the applicant’s profile, the applicant will be contacted directly by the Division. Please note that due to the large number of applicants, Division are not necessarily in a position to reply to each request and only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration.